Our platform enables you to quickly and easily connect your data sources to data from a file located on an FTP server.
This enables a one-way synchronization to occur - where any changes in the FTP file are downloaded into your data source on a regular basis.
Your data source will be automatically updated in this way until you remove the connector or an error occurs (such as losing authorization to access the file).
To Set up an FTP Connector to your Data Source by following these simple steps.
Note: You need to have configured a Connection to your FTP account.
- Go to Connected Data -> Data Sources
- In the list of available data sources, hover your mouse over the listing of the data source you wish to connect.
A set of options will show, click on the settings link.
In the Settings page, mid way down you should see a Connector heading.
- A new window with the selection of connectors to choose from.
- Click on the FTP option.
- The page should refresh with your newly added connector.
- Enter the File Location. This should be entered in the following format: 'FolderName/Folder2/FileName.csv'.
- Select the Refresh Frequency that this connector will pull data.
Note: Data must be in .csv or .xlsx format and cannot contain formulae. the spreadsheet must exist in your connected FTP account.
- When you save your changes, the connector will be fired for the first time and after that will run at the interval you specified in the connector settings.
Wait a minute or so and then check the Rows page for your data source.
You should see the rows have been downloaded from the FTP file :)
If rows are not downloaded, then there may be an error with the file's data or in the permissions to access the file.
You can check this by clicking on the Error Logs button shown next to your connector on the Settings page.