To access the Files & Docs page of the platform, navigate to the Connected Data tab on the main menu and select Files & Docs.
This page shows all Docs that are currently available. You can sort the Docs and also filter using the Search box. By default, any Archived Docs will not show, but you can display these by checking the Show Archived box.
To create a new Doc, use the “Add New” option available in the options bar.
Adding a Doc is easy:
- Enter a name for the Doc file.
This name is what will show to mobile app users.
When uploading files, you should consider the file size since the app will download this file.
If you have a lot of large Doc files (over 1 megabyte), you should ensure that your users’ mobile data plans have sufficient data allowances to handle this.
- Choose a file to upload from your computer.
This is the actual file that you want to make available to your users.
- Choose an icon to display to app users. This helps with quickly identifying types of Docs to your users in the field.
- The description field is used to capture additional information about the doc.
- Enter an External ID for the Doc (optional)
The purpose of this field is to allow you to link the Doc to any other system or naming conventions you may use for your documentation.
- Select the order in which you would like the doc displayed in.
- If you choose to tick the Download on Demand box, the doc will be downloaded only when the user requests it. Otherwise, it will be automatically synced with the app. This can be used if you have large sized files and you would prefer to download them when you choose to.
- You can choose to Hide From Users. This prevents this item from being displayed on the default start screen. This is useful when an item should only be opened by a User Interaction (e.g from an icon on an Icon Board Screen)
Once you've filled out the fields, hit the Create button to create the Doc.
This may take a while if you are uploading a large file.