This is a Premium connector for direct connection to Google's BigQuery database service.
Our platform enables you to quickly and easily insert your Form Entries as rows in a target BigQuery database table.
This enables a one-way synchronization to occur - where any Forms Entries are pushed to tables in a Google BigQuery database.
Before you add a BigQuery connector, you must ensure that you have a valid Google Cloud Platform Connection set up on your organisation. You also need to setup a few basic things in the GCP console.
Adding a Google BigQuery Connector to your Form
The Form Connectors page can be accessed from your Form designer, settings or from the Screens listing if you mouse over the Form row in question.
Once you are in the Connectors page, click on the "ADD CONNECTOR" button to see a list of the available Connectors and click the Google BigQuery option.
This will refresh the page and display your Connector, ready for configuration:
- Project ID: Specify the Google Cloud project id that contains your BigQuery table and dataset.
- Dataset Name: Specify the dataset where your table can be located.
- Table Name: When enabled, for every form version a database table will be created and maintained by our platform. The table names will consist of the table name supplied and the form version as a suffix. e.g ExampleTableName_v7.
- Auto Maintain Table: When enabled, the target database table will be created and maintained by our platform.
This is a recommended setting, as columns will be automatically added/altered as the Form design changes between versions.
- Replace Placeholders with Display Text: By default placeholders will be replaced with the raw answer value from the form entry.
For example, date values are stored as UTC time in ISO 8601 raw format, e.g. 2015-10-23T15:05:07.
Select this option if you wish to replace with user displayed text instead, e.g. 23-Oct-2015 05:05:07 assuming your time zone is UTC-10
- Use NULL in Repeat Rows: If enabled, Form fields that appear in repeat sections will be replaced with NULL values in all but the first repeat that is generated.
The following are NOT affected by this option:
- ENTRYGUID, ENTRYGUIDFULL, ITEMNO and UTCNOW
- Fields that appear within a table or repeating page
- Formulae that reference a repeating field
- Anonymize Personal Data: If enabled, data from fields marked as Personal Data will be converted to a nonhuman-readable format to aid privacy.
At this stage, your Connector is ready to go.
Hit the SAVE button to save your changes and activate the Connector.